So, Issue One is completed. Where the heck is Issue Two?
- Good News: It’s half-completed.
- Bad News: It was supposed to be done by now.
I got really ill at the end of November. Really, really ill. Several trips to the doctor resulted in a diagnosis that included the command that I “…get a lot of rest.” As much as I like working on Discarded Lives, the combination of illness, meds, and just plain fatigue slammed me onto the couch or bed instead of my workstation.
What does this mean?
- Good News: Issue Two will start its deploy to the site in January.
- Bad News: I will not load it until I have it completed.
- Worst News: Since this is also holiday time, I’ll be hard-pressed to work on the comic. Between relatives, family, and the much-needed getting-out-of-the-darned-house, I’m hoping to knock out another three pages over the next two weeks.
There’s also another reason I’ve slowed down a bit: Issue Two is visually a lot more interesting than Issue One. I’m constantly learning how to improve my workflow, and it really shows in the second issue. I don’t want to oversell it, but some of my favorite images I’ve ever created can be found in the next chapter. The rub is that these images take a lot more time than the simplistic setups I have in Issue One. As fast as I am, I’m not that fast.
My request to my readers is this: Check back on this site starting around January 15th, 2013. The second chapter should be available at that point.
Lastly, thanks for reading Issue One, and have a Merry Christmas and Happy 2013!
December 18, 2012